Old 31 October 2016, 19:24   #20
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauke View Post
Woooooowww.... hold your horses...
Sad but true...

Quote:
I think Majsta has been killing himself to make your dreams come true... So, even if he profits... which I doubt, very much... that is ok... Why should he work for free?
Don't get me wrong - if you search this forum on this topic i was one of people saying that original price (AFAIR 75E) is perfect but counting all this (hobby, small scale and profit They deserve etc) it can be 150E (so effciently i expected increase of price and considered this as fair step).

Quote:
Isn't it great, that somebody is even doing this?
Yes it is great - you will not find anything from me that may lead to conclusion that it is not great (and using FPGA as modern 68k replacement was supported by me earlier than Vampire was born so i was happy when Majsta proved that for us this is best approach - alternatively i also considered hybrid solution - small FPGA for timing, glue + general CPU like ARM for more complex CPU functionality emulation - dynamic code translation etc).

Quote:
You are so right! It is a hobby and the people developing the Vampire are amateurs when it comes to producing hardware.
Nice but as a hobbyist i can assembly such board by myself...

Quote:
I think it is still great value for money. Compare it to other offerings, and you have to agree...
If you comparing this to used (and new but classic) accelerators for Amiga then yes, definitely it is very cheap and best value for money.

If you compare this to modern PC market then... you know answer...

Page generated in 0.07862 seconds with 11 queries