View Single Post
Old 23 December 2012, 18:14   #19
capehorn

I think you might have to make a judgement call with this one Graham!

I played through to about level 80. I had four lives, four armours, 9k cash and the most expensive weapon in the game. I had around 17m points, and once again, the graphics suddenly corrupt.

I can't see the enemies, their firepower, my firepower, any of the collectables or any of the writing (i.e kamakize round, bonus round, any writing whatsoever in the shop). The game has wrapped round to the first few levels so the enemies are easy, even though I can't see them.

After the first shop, the enemies and their firepower start appearing, even though I can't see anything else. With all that money, power and lives, I'm still making easy work of the game. I can't collect any cash or powerups, meteor storms etc, but the one thing I can do is kill the pirate ship, which is appearing every four levels or so, and picking up the 1k cash it drops. So I'm staying alive by collecting that cash and buying extra lives (for armour) in the shop, which I am doing by pressing up eight times on the joystick when the shop appears, because I can't actually see what I'm doing!

Anyway, the game seems to be playing pretty much as Mailman just described. It's easy to do with the top weapon and all that cash. There is an important difference though. The collectables are no longer in the game, the baddies just aren't dropping them. That makes it more difficult in that I can't pick up any rank markers, cash or meteor storms etc, but it does make it easier in that I can't accidently pick up a crap weapon.

After a while, the money ships got me (and when I killed it it barely dropped any cash) and my cash ran out. When I lost my first life, the others all followed on the same screen.

The score is 33,298,840. I don't know if you will accept it given what happened, but I thought I'd post all the info and let you decide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DeluxeGalagaAGAHD_013.png
Views:	240
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	33558  

Page generated in 0.07983 seconds with 12 queries