Thread: Other installs
View Single Post
Old 26 April 2008, 13:14   #1
Groundhog

Other installs

Hi, I just tried ClassicWB today and I already have a prob, for the first thing I'm trying to do.

If I understood correctly, "Games" & "Demos" drawers are for WHDLoad installs only, and "Other" is for non-WHDLoad installs. Ok, good idea.

No problem with the automated WHDLoad installation detection and execution, but...

I installed a game (without WHDLoad, Starflight II), updated the "Other" text file manually, with the correct directory, and even sorted it with your script, which shouldn't be necessary since there's only one entry. The name appears in the lazylaunch window thing, but when executed, with the "Full" config, nothing happens. And with an AdvSP config -> Guru.

The game is perfectly working when launched manually, and I'm sure the directory is set up properly.

FYI, I'm using WinUAE, not a real amiga. A-Games, A-Demos and a newly created A-Other are now pointing at a harddisk directory (but with the same structure for A-Games & A-Demos, and, as I said, there's no problem for WHDLoad installations). I'm rather sure the aliases and directories were set up correctly.

Last edited by Groundhog; 26 April 2008 at 13:41.

Page generated in 0.07681 seconds with 11 queries