View Single Post
Old 19 June 2011, 12:12   #12
Dr.Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Aha! I do have one of these already! Never used it but thought it may come in handy eventually. I will try it!

EDIT: OK I have tried it and... IT WORKS!
Great that you got it working . The HDMI standard is a blessing for us emulator fans..

Quote:
EDIT: I managed to fix the sound issues I was having by setting the sound buffer to 3. This seems to give me perfect sound although I am constantly paranoid the sound is delayed too much. I am sure its just me though. lol. I tried the ultimate test (Deluxe Galaga) and it plays very well. Also tried Banshee, Aladdin, Soccer Kid and Oscar. They are all playing very smoothly. Honestly, I never thought WinUAE could be as good this! Its awesome now!!
It's indeed important to get to a stable soundbuffer. Ideally it's fully flat. If the buffer gets to volatile you can get buffer over- and underrruns which will impact the performance of the emulation adversely (either via video, sound and/or input lag). I have it run at a buffer setting of either 3 or 4 ("flat as a pancake stability" ) Interestingly the sound delay is almost unnoticable at that setting. And maybe, just maybe there'll be ways for Toni to further improve on it in the future? Who knows...

About being paranoid about sound delay, you wouldn't be paranoid about it when sitting behind a real amiga in front of a big TV in a large room (say at 4-5 meters distance) would you? While given the speed of sound that would delay the sound with about 10ms already versus what you see on screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
This might seem a silly question, but how to properly test if vsync is working as designed ?

I can set 1080p 50Hz screenmode ok and all seems fine, screen fades are smooth. But its not realy different if I set a 60Hz mode (1980x1200) and use the Autovsync option running the game at 50hz. I cant tell the difference between the two.
I guess you shouldn't notice any difference, as the only thing AutoVSync does is switching properly between 50/60hz on the same screen. So if you set your configuration to start in a screenmode of 60hz and you load up a PAL game, then given that the screenmode is also available in 50hz, it will automatically switch to that. Conclusion: sounds like everything is working like designed on your computer.

Quote:
And one last thing and please dont castrate me for it as its not a beta specific bug - but only bothering me now im messing with fullscreen vsync options. If attached an image showing that with null filter upscaling the sides dont match with vga pixel aspect (Easy to see with scanlines enabled too) Bilinier filter seems to fix but i dont like the blur. TV mode is also fine, but the missing lines bother me in some games.
I'm guessing this is not a bug, but purely a settings problem. The behaviour you're seeing is probably caused by the aspect settings. Experiment with different aspect settings, like 5:4 or disabling it alltogether (that would be my suggestion) in the filter panel and you'll find a mode in which the problem you described will not occur. Another possibility is that you've enabled the 'scanlines' setting in Display panel, in combination with the scanlines option from the filter panel.

Last edited by TCD; 19 June 2011 at 12:18. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Use the multi-quote function.

Page generated in 0.06381 seconds with 11 queries