View Single Post
Old 18 March 2012, 11:22   #366
MarkYoungIW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Abbott View Post
Does anyone have the ability to create APD's? To ensure the density detection works on APD's, I really need an example of SD and QD discs (1.6MB). They don't need to be protected, but an APD and matching ADF would be helpful so I can compare them side by side.

I've found a grand total of 35 ADP's and have successfully decoded and mounted 32 of them. Trouble is, all the APD's are DD discs, so my assumptions about the sync marks may or may not be applicable to SD / QD discs.

Did any software even come out on SD? All the ADF/APD's I've seen so far are DD or QD. Zarch looks like it could be an odd exception as side 0 is DD and side 1 is possibly SD - not sure if that's down to the protection or not though.

Anyhow, now I've reverse engineered the APD structure, I'm looking into taking over ADFS to present mounted images as ADFS:0
Just had a look at some old messages, and Tom had told me that Zarch and Magic Pockets were the only games he was aware of that had single density sectors as well as double density sectors.

I can image some discs if you need, as have an A1200 sitting here ready for the job. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Abbott View Post
Anything hard coded to ADFS:0 will fail, if it just wants <FS>:0 you should be fine.

Multidisc games may be an issue, if you no longer have access to the WIMP to change the disc.

What's the game? Can it be installed to the HD?
What I was sort of thinking is you are making something fairly similar to WHDLoad on the Amiga which is really nice in the fact that you can store everything in the same format (rather than having some ADF's/ADP's and some HD installs etc).

With the multidisc games I have tried none of them give you access back to the wimp to enable you to change the adf. I didn't know if perhaps looking at adding a small loading script for multidisc games was a possibility later on.

Last edited by MarkYoungIW; 18 March 2012 at 13:28.

Page generated in 0.04306 seconds with 11 queries