View Single Post
Old 26 January 2018, 06:45   #47
snowpile79

Gray screen after launching AOG

Hi I bought the gog.com version of BS-AOG, grabbed the files plopped them into the folder with the amiga aog files and fired it up (after installing AHI 4.7 think that was the version anyways I installed the recommended version).

After it converts all the audio I get the screen mode selector. It doesnt matter if I select PAL or NTSC after I select either it flips off the workbench and sits at a gray screen forever. I ran the included version checker tool and it says all my files are fine. My rig is an A1200 with an aca1233n 68030 40mhz accelerator with 128megs fast ram. I watched a youtube video of someone loading this port up and it did the same thing to that individual also. I tried to see what they did to fix it in the video but I just cant see the detail.

So I can click in the upper right corner of the gray screen and flip back to workbench. It shows the last thing to appear in the BSAOG console window. So basically the game just stops loading at this one point after setvgaplanemode. (link to screenshot below)

Ive fussed with ahi (I use the paula device for music. Set it to 11khz stereo hope thats right. Tried other settings but made no diff). So No idea where things are hosing up. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for porting this awesome game.

https://ibb.co/dWp4UG

Page generated in 0.04358 seconds with 11 queries