View Single Post
Old 17 January 2011, 21:15   #8
Eriond
Happy Registered User

Not giving up!

Actually, I'm using the second one You suggested. The thing is that I made the board with too small holes. I thought the adapter would have equally thin pin diameter on both "sides" (like the first link in your post) , but it turns out that one side is much thicker than the other.

To make the adapter fit in the board I had to use the thin pins, which left the thick ones towards the Amiga socket. And, yes it ruined the low-cost socket on the Amiga mobo. I will try to repair/replace it sometime in the future.

And with ruined, I mean that it will now only accept thick-pin devices If I manage to make the adapter work, then it doesn't really matter that I can't use "real" DIP PROMs anymore, right?

@cpiac64: Once in the Amiga, the Vpp souldn't matter anymore. It's only used during programming AFAIK. But yes, I make a temporary connection between pin 1 of the EPROM and pin 31 of the socket during programming.
During normal read operation, the 27C402 uses the Vpp pin to decide if it should work in Byte or Word (8/16 bit) mode, while the 27C4002 always work in Word mode.

According to the 27C4002 datasheet, Vpp should be set to either Vcc or Vss during read. I will give that a try.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here!

/Eriond

Last edited by Eriond; 17 January 2011 at 21:39. Reason: Re-read the M27C4002 datasheet

Page generated in 0.16632 seconds with 11 queries