View Single Post
Old 08 May 2015, 20:11   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niobyte View Post
I also have this still shrink-wrapped and it was distributed by Pactronics.
I'm just waiting for another 100 people to jump out of the woodworks now with their English copies!

Quote:
Was yours also distributed by Pactronics?
Yep, it's got a Pactronics warranty card and all.

Quote:
BTW, mine has the original price tag of $39.95 on it.

Here is a photo of the front and back from the one I have.
Where did you get your copy from? I bought mine 2 years ago off a guy living in a unit in Maylands IIRC. He had a bunch of NOS games that he'd bought in a liquidation sale some years ago.

Amazingly enough, the seller still has pics online of Wall Street Wizard (and all the other games he had for sale):

http://goo.gl/F8y7nt (front view)

http://goo.gl/5hr3Xx (rear view)

You'll notice that a few of the copies of Wall Street Wizard in the first pic have price tags on the front ($39.95 like yours, if memory serves).

The seller initially started flogging some of the games on Ebay, then must've run out of puff and ended up contacting buyers privately to offload them quickly. The trouble is that he emailed a Norwegian buyer before he did me, even though I was local!

Predictably, the Norwegian guy bought up multiple copies of all the rare games (probably to re-sell and profiteer!), and I ended up missing out on some real obscure gems (Psycho, Santa Paravia, Black Magic, Dream Zone, Quadralien US release, Darius+) that I didn't have in the collection and weren't in HOL. Wouldn't have minded so much except the local seller here let them all go for a song to the Norwegian guy ($5-10 each), which I would've happily paid double for.

Oh well, I can't really complain too much......I still managed to get quite a few nice NOS games for not much between the leftover scraps (Wall Street Wizard, Murder on the Atlantic, Ringside DE release, Atomix, Roll-Out, Time and Magik, 5th Gear, Snoopy, Steel, Joker XWord) and the seller's initial Ebay auctions (Antago, Crazyshot, Oops Up, Astate, Kenny Dalglish Soccer)

@Supamax

Last edited by DrBong; 09 May 2015 at 19:46. Reason: Fixed typos etc.

Page generated in 0.06216 seconds with 11 queries