View Single Post
Old 16 October 2007, 04:54   #2
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@YoJoe

Hello there,

WinUAE emulates the amiga, it *on the fly* transposes processor / graphic and sound, it runs all things as though it was indeed the HOST machine, there are some transparencies that WinUAE offers such like the browsing of PC directories and the use of *other* ports in a transparent way to the emulated machine.

There is no x86 native amiga converted code being used by WinUAE, its regular amiga code that is emulated by WinUAE and then processed into PC commands...

so the PC (the host) only sees WinUAE as a program that needs resources and IO.... the WinUAE program, knows only how to configure the emulator share the programs IO with the emulation *obviously graphic and sounds etc*... the Emulation however knows nothing of the other two stages.

.... if the above is a lame description my apologies as its like way past my bed time.

Now.... there is a program called Amithalon, this program based on a linux core, infact is a replacement OS based on Amiga OS3.5, the Amithalon package runs inline emulator and direct native x86 code.... its pretty awesome... alas trying to obtain a copy is damned difficult!

alas, if only OS3.9 or 4.0 (for me 3.5 if i had it my way) would be re-compiled to work on an X86 machine!

arguably in this country you are in your legal rights to decompile the code and to add extra or needed functionality to it..... alas... one cannot disseminate it afterwards... and in all truth.... the above is not legal in a lot of countries, and i believe the USA is one of them... but alas i am unsure to their (ever changing) IP and or copyright laws...

Page generated in 0.04121 seconds with 11 queries