View Single Post
Old 22 September 2013, 09:16   #8
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas
Sure they will. PFS3 only reduces seek times. Data transmission speed can only be increased by hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Have you increased the number of disk buffers on your partitions? You can do it when partitioning or using AddBuffers in your startup-sequence, and if you haven't already, get BlizKick from Aminet and use the SpeedyIDE patch (as well as others), and check out ShK's setup here:

http://eab.abime.net/news/65087-new-...tml#post907531

Make sure you read his other posts to get the right type of adapter for the microSD card.

I've also heard that flat IDE cables are subject to crosstalk, reducing the transfer speed, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. There are female adapters on eBay that connect directly onto the IDE port if you want to try that. Even if they're not faster, at least they're more convenient than having to use cables.
Ok, I guess I'd at least want to try out a "modern" disk interface. It seems Idefix-express is not available? The price for Ide-fix is only a half of the FastATA-IV, which would be in my price range

I only want to have one 8Gb cf-drive which works as fast as possible -> ide-fix would be a good solution?

Page generated in 0.04238 seconds with 11 queries