View Single Post
Old 11 January 2020, 20:52   #1
Bigtopofun

3 things with Viruses I dont understand. Anyone?

Hi,

I recently tested a lot of old floppies in my Amiga and I believe some of them were infected with virus. I have now stopped going thru them since I dont want to spread this around more than whats allready possibly been done, and I dont know much about viruses and how the work. Still have about 1000 to go so..

System:
A1200, no expansions or HDD. No DF0, only using external drive DF1.

My (perhaps stupid) questions

1) Can my A1200 iniany way carry a virus by itself? Cold start, no disk in drive.. can it still be stored somewhere?

2) I found a working prog, Virus Checker 5, from an Amiga Shopper Disk. Its basically an running app in workbench that checks the drive each time I put a disk into it. Sometimes is says that the bootsequence is nonstandard, potential virus, and it lets me restore the code. I click yes and it does its thing and I just move on to the next disk. Is this the way to go? Or am I using the utility wrong? Many threads tell to "use this program to get it away" but not how you actually should do it in a safe way..

3) If I format a floppy, will it for sure wipe any viruses? Also, can a virus get on to a writedisabled disk?

/Bigtopofun

Page generated in 0.04243 seconds with 11 queries