View Single Post
Old 30 July 2016, 18:06   #41
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
<snip>

... Limbo of the Lost - Demo.rar --> Hard Drive files.

<snip>
Today I've been playing around with this

It's a bit messy I must say...

First; after copying the "LIMBO" directory from the above archive to your hard drive there are no icons inside. You need to select "Window" --> "Show" --> "All Files", numerous files appear and then you can double-click on the file "LIMBO" to start the playable demo.

Played for around a minute or so but then the game goes back to the start screen; guess it has a time limit set?!?

I then checked the HOL entry for this (http://hol.abime.net/4305/screenshot) and noticed that there are loads of screenshots that I hadn't seen and also mention of a VHS video intro. Investigated and eventually found that if I execute the file "LIMBO/Intro/S/S" you will then see this

Things is, it just repeats after running through so I had to press <Crtl> + <C> to exit and then the playable demo starts afterwards. Next problem is that the sound from the VHS video intro is still running... Found out that if I needed to press <Esc>, as this kills the sound from the intro.

Anyway; as all this is a bit of a nightmare I decided to try and make a friendly "HD install" --> "ADFs" package that makes things simple / easy for people. It does the following:

... Boots automatically obviously (and supports 1 or 2 disk drives).
... After decompressing / loading, shows a screen that informs you of having to press <Esc>, then <Ctrl> + <C> to stop the sound and kill the VHS video intro:

... Waits 10 seconds (so you can actually read the above text).
... Finally loads the playable demo.

Use an "AGA configuration with "2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM" in WinUAE for this (or have those specs in your real Amiga)...

I've very happy with how this turned out; must say that it took me quite a while to figure out / build everything though

Anyway, file now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"

Last edited by DamienD; 30 July 2016 at 20:48.

Page generated in 0.04309 seconds with 11 queries