View Single Post
Old 04 July 2020, 20:38   #1
misguided_fool

Just took a gamble and bought a ton of Amiga/C64 games...

Hi guys,
Hope you are all well in these crazy times and can maybe help me out or advise me a little. Didn't want to risk breaking any forum rules or upsetting anyone so thought I would see if anyone can help before posting any listings/pics etc.

During this bizarre time of Covid, a friend of mine that owns a retro store is struggling to pay rent as there have been no customers for months. I try to help him out by buying anything C64 related as that's what I collect. I did start on Amiga, but the boxes took up way too much space - so I am purely a C64 collector now - although I do miss a few Amiga titles !

I spoke to him today and we struck a deal. To help him I bought all his C64 and Amiga titles. Most of which he had donated to him, so they didn't cost him anything - many are unopened shop items. Most are in great shape. I have taken the C64 items I want out of the collection and will trade or sell the rest on when I get a chance.

So now I have about 100 Amiga titles. Apart from checking Ebay I don't really know the value of them. Is there a good source for valuing them ? I could throw them on Ebay and see what happens, but I want to try and avoid their fees - as I paid quite a lot for the huge collection. If I have to - I will, but I would rather try and find fair prices and offer them to collectors first - just as I do in the C64 community. Ideally I would love to trade some for C64 stuff, but I'm guessing that would be difficult unless I found the right trader.

Any advice would be most welcome.. I just hope I can make back I paid and hopefully make some people happy on the way.

Cheers guys,

NC

Page generated in 0.09226 seconds with 11 queries