View Single Post
Old 05 March 2017, 18:20   #8
wawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Is SMP being added to ABIv0 or ABIv1? Do AROS programmers and the AROS group/team have the organization to give "official" news statements on behalf of AROS?
abi_v1, which is the same branch, amiga-m68k target exists in. abiv_0 is being kept for compatibility, with as much as possible fixes backported from abi_v1 for x86 users.

Quote:
My understanding was that x86 AROS remained on ABIv0 for compatibility with already compiled programs like on Aminet..
correct. for the still undfined time being till v1 is stable and the users ready for transition.

Quote:
Eventually it was to be merged with the more advanced and AmigaOS compatible ABIv1 (which I believe the 68k is using). I guess the plan was to eventually break x86 binary compatibility anyway?
yes.

Quote:
I would have preferred the lead AROS programmer(s) to give the ok on the SMP announcement when/if they decided stability was adequate (less stress for them) and perhaps give an updated plan for future ABIs but I guess anyone can create an "unofficial" news announcement. I can understand some people's excitement even if it may be better to wait for an "official" announcement.
i think there will be some sort of information available on aros site as soon as its advanced enough. usually deadwood writes some summary, except regularly posting week progress reports on various sites.

here you have posts by michalsc, one of both main devs mostly concerned with the current smp development:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/...e=flat&order=0

the orther one, kalamatee posts only now any then on aros exec, he has initiated that work, and he commits the most, so i wouldnt expect that much statements from him.

Page generated in 0.04853 seconds with 11 queries