View Single Post
Old 28 May 2018, 20:22   #251
retromax

So I was trying something just now with my Casablanca, when I had it in NTSC the software version had the 'Hide the Play Panel' and 'Play once' within the options of the system settings... when I installed the disk I got recently I didn't have that option (although it was a version 3 software), anyway I thought i'd try using that NTSC disk version and see if I could select 'update' on install which all went fine until my drive stopped reading the disk mid-way of install and I had to reset the casablanca.
This time on boot it went into NTSC again and then I got an error message and the system wouldn't start so I popped the NTSC disk back in then selected undo, after the undo same again and wouldn't boot so I popped the PAL disk in again (the one that didn't have the hide play panel etc. option) and selected 'update'...

following so far??? lol

anyway it all completed and rebooted back into PAL..... but still had the above mentioned 'options' from the other disk???

So the system software shows as per the pic in the above post with that extra option that wasn't included in the software version when I installed the PAL disk and also the LCD display no longer shows AM or PM as it did with the NTSC disk install

I'm not touching it again now as I think i'm having problems with the floppy drive anyway...

Last edited by retromax; 28 May 2018 at 20:32. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.04532 seconds with 11 queries