View Single Post
Old 03 April 2018, 07:59   #9
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Post My low down, dirty shame on how I missed out on buying Monkey Business!!

@Denis
In response to your PM request for a raw dump of Monkey Business (and for anyone else who's taken the wrong end of the stick!)......let me fill in more of the background story to this thread.

Do I have a copy of Monkey Business (original or otherwise)? NO!
Do I want one (original or otherwise)?? HELL YES!!!

As I said before in post #8, someone beat me to snapping up the game on Ebay for a BIN price of US$90 by less than a day (see auction below! ). I didn't waste any time contacting the seller at the time to see if he could dump the game and provide good quality scans of the game box/disk for HOL, but when he got back to me the next day he had already posted it off to the buyer ().

Unfortunately, the seller was an Atari ST man and he had either cheaply acquired or been given a private collection of pristine Amiga games that included Monkey Business (along with Delta Patrol, also by The Other Valley Software, and snapped up by the same buyer IIRC). Consequently, he had no idea how valuable the game was in monetary terms or, for that matter, historically to the Amiga community. He was quite a nice guy, so I never did let on to him about the sort of silly money he'd missed out on and could have commanded for Monkey Business.

Anyway, back to Denis' request for a raw dump. As I said in my last post, for all the good a raw dump would do the SPS team or us if someone ever manages to supply one. The original game disk would almost certainly not have been duplicated professionally back in 1985, so Monkey Business is unlikely to ever receive an official IPF release from the SPS team for this reason. Making a homebrew IPF from a raw dump, however, should be no problem obviously.

On the other hand, I'd be surprised if Monkey Business had any copy protection......so making an ADF of the original game disk would be easy enough!
Anyone happen to have a copy of Monkey Business sitting around doing nothing?!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonkeyBusiness_EbayAuction(03-Oct-16)_Thumbnail.jpg
Views:	3520
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	57636  

Last edited by DrBong; 03 April 2018 at 08:16. Reason: Fixed typos/grammar!

Page generated in 0.06142 seconds with 12 queries