View Single Post
Old 30 June 2002, 01:46   #37
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@DPainter
Again, thanks for all the groovy uppers! I have updated the two for sures. Now...

* Boulderdash Is there a standalone game of this that anyone can confirm? I already had "Boulderdash Construction Kit", ehich indeed has the Boulderdash game in it, but I reckon I was thinking there was non-Construction Kit version.

* PTC As discussed in a different thread, I am looking into this one to determine if it's the right game we are looking for. I didn't see any reference to Rainbow Arts or the date upon first inspection (hell, I just grabbed the mouse and started shooting!), so I will investigate deeper.

EDIT: OK, I checked over all the files on that disk. To begin with, it's infected with the Lamer Exterminator virus. That out of the way, I'm still just as confused about PTC. Nowhere in any of the binary are there any text strings to indicate any connection with Rainbow Arts or Chris Huelsbeck (who composed the music for the game). But it could be a beta, so you never know. I wonder if the game was in German, since it is from Rainbow Arts and all. Anyone?

The main executable for the game was packed with HQC 2 (High Quality Crackers cruncher), so I unpacked that. It seems the music was created using Dynamic Synthesis Modul v1.34. I know Huelsbeck was a TFMX man, but this game may have been released before that program was realized. Exotic Ripper v2.27 didn't find any of the music in any of the data files or the decrunched executable. The internal hiscore table has on it: PTC by JCR of SWA. Does this mean anything to anyone? Kinda gives the impression of a PD game, but since I have no idea of anyone else invloved with this game, I can't say.

The mystery continues...

EDIT2: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I emailed Chris Huelsbeck and asked him for any clues he might be able to share with us.

EDIT3: Just found on Exotica info on Dynamic Synthesizer replayer for Eagle Player. It says in the readme that this was the music format Chris Huelsbeck used before TFMX. For me, this almost clinches that we have the right PTC, although I still have to wonder if it was ever formally released and if the copy on that compact is just a stolen beta.

EDIT 4: Just found another compact in my collection, an untitled Astronut of the Attic collection, and it has P.T.C. (same version), IK+, and Snakepit.

Page generated in 0.05358 seconds with 11 queries