View Single Post
Old 07 April 2017, 03:11   #1048
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Installation guide updated with the following info. I can't believe I had skipped over updating Picasso96.

Quote:
*Picasso96Install
I realized I never covered updating the built-in installation of Picasso96 until doing a new Amithlon install recently and this is a key piece regardless of a hardware accelerated supported video card or not.
This is very specific in what to install. I’m using Picasso96 2.1e so download it and extract it to RAM: Run the Setup from the Picasso96Install folder and make sure to choose “Update an installed version”, then make sure to choose “Expert User” as we want to specifically pick what is being installed. Choose ONLY the following selections:
Libraries
24bit picture.datatype
Picasso96Mode
Picasso96 Variable Setter (PVS)
Continue installing with until completed then browse the Picasso96Install/Devs/Monitors/ and copy the ‘powerfb’ monitor file to your SYSevs/Monitors/ folder overwriting the one currently there. Reboot AmigaOS and then go to Prefs and launch Picasso96Mode. From the menus you can select the “attach settings to” option, and if your graphics card is supported, select your card, mine is “nVidia-1” as I’m using an NVidia FX5500 PCI card which is supported in the kernel. You’ll have to tweak the settings and that is covered in Part 2 of the Installation Guide. If your card is not listed it will most likely show “powerfb” as the current board and “VESA-1” as a choice. I'm not sure if you should manipulate the settings under fboard or VESA-1 as I've only done so under nVidia-1 for my monitors sync/refresh rates for different resolutions.
At the least you get updated versions of P96, at best your card is supported and you can use it for significantly faster graphics.

Page generated in 0.12444 seconds with 11 queries