View Single Post
Old 13 January 2019, 12:26   #38
Foebane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
The compact disc was a giant step backwards in sound quality.
I'd rather do without the crackles and hiss and ZZZZRRRRPPP scratches, thankyouverymuch.

To be honest, I do like the aesthetics of records and their players, the way the stylus arm follows the curve of the record, the skill of putting the stylus on the right spot, even the way the LPs hang over the side of the players. Last of all, my childhood record player had a multi-record holder that would release a single record after each song had played, and a forked arm at the top to help push the records in the pile down - I always marvelled at how it didn't drop more than one record at a time. And of course, the way the arm raises at the end and moves back to the start and even parks itself.

So I can appreciate what you're saying about records, and CDs do skip even more annoyingly than records, and records can achieve high frequencies like that, I did not know, but then again, I don't listen to either these days, it's all Spotify Free for me. I was always more into computer music than "pop" music.

Last edited by Foebane; 13 January 2019 at 13:20.

Page generated in 0.04319 seconds with 11 queries