View Single Post
Old 17 February 2016, 18:30   #16
earok

Whoa, wasn't expecting such a response this quickly, thanks guys

@s2325 That's a cool idea, however problem is that grey is shared with other things, primarily the tree background and the cloud shading. This is what it would actually look like.

(Left is pure sky blue, right is compromise where blue is very close to gray. I'm assuming of course that removing the border is in my technical ability of course)

Also included a SMS screenshot to show the playfield is actually wider than SMS version, albeit not quite as tall (SMS seems to have better use of the playfield though, particularly camera positioning. I might look at that as well..)

@dlfrsilver I believe that (arcade is 64 colours), however the Amiga version appears to be running in 16 colours. Increasing the colour depth to 64 (EHB or AGA etc) is beyond my technical ability and it'd make the game slower than it already is, which brings me to..

The Blitter. If you play the game in WinUAE with immediate blitter, it's silky smooth (actually runs too fast). So I think the game is using the blitter inefficiently, also means (I think) that it'll run equally slow no matter how powerful your Amiga is.

I might need to ask an expert if the blit stuff can be optimised..

Page generated in 0.04237 seconds with 11 queries