View Single Post
Old 16 October 2018, 16:04   #11
Mstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
You can only copy a partition from within WinUAE, as Windows doesn't understand the Amiga's disk format. But within WinUAE you can copy all the files off it to another partition on a different device, effectively ending up with an identical partition elsewhere. Alternatively, from the Windows side you can create an image of the entire drive and use that with WinUAE instead. Under Linux there's the dd tool for that but I'm sure Windows has many equivalents.
Oh yeah i figured Windows wouldn't get it. Yeah I could do winUAE, or the actual Amiga, since I woll have all the connections for that. I was thinking of some software for it that anyone may know of that would back up an entire drive. As in make an exact copy. The win image idea is something I will have to look into.

Quote:
The extra 44-pin connector is in parallel with the first 40-pin connector on the front of the board, so that and the "primary" port count as effectively the same cable. So you still only have two interfaces, just one has a choice of which size to use.
Ohh, does that mean they have to be set up as master slave? If that is the case, then I will put the cf card on the secondary channel so it is by itself.

Quote:
SD cards might not be as fast as CF cards, but they're both faster than the Amiga can make use of, so speed shouldn't really be a deciding factor.
The SD card will be for file transfer only, rather than the internal hard drive, so i am not as worried about speed, as long as it is decent enough. And yes I agree. I picked cf card for internal hard drive because it seems more durable and because it is a bit faster I think.

Page generated in 0.10808 seconds with 11 queries