View Single Post
Old 12 January 2011, 21:09   #1
watertonian
2 1200s in Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to watertonian Send a message via Yahoo to watertonian
Want to start ray-tracing

Hello all. Not sure if this is the right area for such a post (won't take it personally if a mod bumps it somewhere else :-D ), but I've been doing all kinds of Star-Trek themed wallpapers form my setup. After gettng my Virge carde to work in 1280x768, I had to redo all my 1024x768 wallpapers anyway. To do this, I usually do a google image search for an oversized pic I like, crop & scale, and overlay the LCARS and UFP logos over it.
(eg.. )
However, theres some more specific scenes I'd like to do, and getting ahold of various sci-fi or Star-Trek 3D-models isn't that difficult a task (I have a directory with 'em already, ranging from Lightwave to Pov-Ray objects).
Anyway, I'm not having much luck getting going on this. I have Raystorm, Pov-Ray, and a few others installed. Raystorm keeps giving me the 80000008, and requires registration (which I would do if I knew how to get ahold of the guy, and if I could get it to work), and Pov-Ray requires alot of scripting. Polywog seems to be able to do pov-ray scenes, but won't import pov-ray objects. Anyway, are there any suggestions for the best S/W for a '060 based miggy? Thanks for any help. (Sorry if I'm a bit sparse on details, gotta catch a bus :-) ).

Page generated in 0.05256 seconds with 11 queries