View Single Post
Old 15 September 2019, 14:44   #14
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
When I had this problem it was just SCART cable. Caps?

I have never noticed any difference in reliability and I have both Blizzard and Apollo 68060 accelerators.
Same here. My Apollo1260/80MHz has always been rock solid. It's never missed a beat! It should really be run from a 4.5A A500 PSU or beefier though. I ran mine for 10 years from an A600 PSU with a little fan inside to cool the PSU! This was a heavily loaded system with FASTATA, Melody Sound Card, 2.5" HDD... 80MHz 060... PSU did fail eventually and now I use a better A500 type one rated at 4.5A!

@Pollock
I'd wreckon there's some software issue. Filesystem on RDB perhaps? Corrupted or incompatible LoadModule command? Corrupted or wrong/dodgy version of scsi.device that you're trying to load? Or slow spin up of your HDD? Wasn't there that wire that has to be cut on the IDE ribbon to stop the drive powering down on resets? Or was that just 3.5" HDD's as they are 12V driven? Also worthwhile doing a thorough RAM check I'd say. Just throwing some ideas around really. But the speed thing you mention points to software to me, as in...when it boots it boots and is rock solid. You don't get rock solid unless it really is.

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 11 queries