View Single Post
Old 20 March 2020, 08:59   #1
commie1974
Amiga? What's that?!?

Question A decent Speccy 48k/Zeddy emulator for plain OCS/68k?

Hi there, mates!
During my "stay at home" period, I had this weird idea:
Would nowadays the creation from scratch of a good, usable and accurate ZX Spectrum 48k and/or ZX81 emulator be possible on a vanilla 512k OCS miggy, like the A500?
As a hardcore emulators enthusiast during the past ages, I was wondering long ago about that... Unfortunately, I am not a coder myself, but since we have seen true programming wonders on the OCS demoscene the last years, I think that the programming techniques and knowledge of today are advanced enough for such a project...
We already have Speccy emulators like the very interesting KGB 1.3 from the nineties, but they seem poor for today's standards...

So I am just casting the idea here, for anyone who might be interested in taking such a big challenge!
*I think* (and of course I stand corrected) that e.g. an A500 hardware-wise is powerful enough for successfully sustaining such a task...
And of course, the 48k Spectrum or especially the 1/16k ZX81 must not be THAT complex systems to emulate on a way more powerful platform...

Wouldn't it be great to be able to play e.g. Bomb Jack under speccy emulation or Mazogs under zeddy emulation at a good speed on a plain rev.5/6 500, or even a 1000?

What do you people say? Any volunteer Sinclair-fan coders out there?

Last edited by commie1974; 20 March 2020 at 09:04.

Page generated in 0.04521 seconds with 11 queries