View Single Post
Old 15 April 2024, 21:42   #42
d4rk3lf

C64 is my childhood.
My first computer that I spent countless hours playing games.

My favorite games: Elite, Exile, Pirates, Giana, Ghost and Goblins (amazing port from arcade), Wizard of Var, Fantasy world Dizzy (amazing adventure), Creatures 2, Commando, Donald Duck, Bubble Bubble (another amazing port from arcades), Pac Man (and another one)... and many, many more.

It was definitely one of most powerful 8-bit machine out there, but I do agreed with some of the comments that his color palette could be much nicer. However, this palette gave it that unique C64 look, where you can pretty much recognize that the game is from C64, only by palette.
However most of the games were very smooth, and there was bunch of games that are very very playable.

I must admit that my love for my C64 went down a bit, when I saw (for the first time) how games looked on my friends A500. They looked soooo much better.

Good thing about C64 is that you can get bunch of games (well, pirated games) very very cheaply, or for free if you exchanging tapes with your friend.
How much games could fit per tape? At least 30-40.

The annoying thing was, not only loading game, but tweaking that screw in cassette player, until it worked.

Page generated in 0.04615 seconds with 11 queries