View Single Post
Old 29 October 2019, 19:52   #1
brett71

Monitor recommendations for a US Amiga user

Hi all, just thought I'd throw this out here and hopefully this is an appropriate board for the question.

I'm in the process of building up a couple of A1200's. I think most of the parts I need I can find, however, I'm not sure about finding a suitable monitor.

Ideally, I'd like to get an old Philips 1084 or 1084S. I thought those were the best ones Commodore released because they could resync nicely between NTSC and PAL without any manual adjustments. Those seem to be quite scarce on eBay these days and probably a lot have met their demise due to dead flyback transformers or busted power switches, so the supply is likely dwindling.

My second preferred option would be to use a modern monitor. I keep reading a lot about some BenQ models that supposedly can handle 15khz, but from what I've been researching, it's unclear if these monitors would work properly in North America, specifically, with power. Are there any North American users here who have one of these monitors and can say whether they work all right or not? Or if anyone can suggest an alternative that's available in the U.S.?

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.05246 seconds with 11 queries