View Single Post
Old 29 January 2016, 21:53   #49
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Sorry to piss on your parade bro but the fact itself of opening an Intuition screen with CLI consumes precious RAM that sometimes can make a difference.

For example, when I had my 1MB A600 and I installed Turbo Trax (Arcane) in my hard drive, I had to boot straight to it on the startup sequence, without opening Intuition, or it wouldn't have enough RAM.
Well, considering that AG-Launcher also needs to open Intuition and also uses some Ram itself, it's still better to just open the CLI.

I know I am losing some memory anyway, but I don't think there's any other way. I think with WHDLoad 18 this would be even more impossible ,since now the CUSTOM options are shown on the splash screen with a tickbox, so you can choose them before the game runs by clicking on them.

Just a few KBs less of free memory may turn the game in a OS-Flashing horror, I've noticed that, so it's obvious if we had some way to load stuff without the Intuition, it would be great.

I had zero luck with JST here, though I only tried games that weren't working on WHDLoad the first place.

Page generated in 0.05141 seconds with 11 queries