View Single Post
Old 27 February 2013, 22:24   #1
Mogsy

My A500+ progress so far.

Hey all,

It's been a few months since I signed up and all's I can say is I've found nothing but help from lots of people. Thanks!

Anyways, I thought I'd make a quick thread regarding the progress of my A500+ upgrades.

I was bought this Amiga for Christmas in the early 90's when I was a wee nipper and the following year I received the A530 Turbo

The Amiga is a rev 8a.1 with 1MB RAM and a 1MB upgrade and 2.04 Kickstart. The A530 Turbo had 1MB RAM and a 80MB HD and 68EC030 @ 40MHz when it was new.

Shortly before I joined here I dusted the Amiga off to test (with the intention of selling ) and many childhood memories came flooding back and I found I simply could not part with the fantastic machine!

Mods so far to the Amiga are:
  • Fitted 3.1 KS ROM
  • Swapped keyboard with faulty keys
  • Removed battery
Mods so far to the A530 Turbo are:
  • 4.3GB HD
  • 4.15 ROM
  • 8MB RAM
  • Full 68030RC50 CPU (my intentions was to change the crystal and up the speed to a full 50MHz, but I was advised against this in case I damage it).
I have installed WB 3.1, WHDLoad and Amiga Explorer so I'm pretty much set regarding gaming and transfers from PC (which are painfully slow!).

Mods to come:
  • PS2 mouse port
  • Flicker fixer
  • Replacement internal floppy (I'm having some read errors and have purchased a floppy cleaning disk, so will try that when it arrives).
  • Maybe install a better version of Workbench. Would I be able to use OS 3.5 or 3.9 with my specs? If not, what would you suggest in place of WB 3.1?
  • FPU for A530 Turbo
  • Not sure what else....Any ideas?
Here's a couple of pics, for those that like to see them, lol.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Mogsy; 27 February 2013 at 22:40.

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 11 queries