View Single Post
Old 26 February 2008, 09:51   #98
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Good point. If she were like that, than she'd be too much of a controll freak for me.
So far I didn't have the problem anyway. The few girls I've bring home seemed to like the miggy.

Quote:
Good to know. I just hope I'm going to need to know!
Unsure, as I'm working on a rewrite right now...

Quote:
Thanks for posting the code Shame it's not doing things the same way, but I guess it makes sense to me why it won't work now. This huffman decoding stuff is something I have to do for the png part, which is something I haven't really come round to doing yet. Of course, it doesn't have to be finished tomorrow. Guess I'm going to get to it soon. If you want to know why I've put if off, it's because I've been working on my Japanese dictionary program too much. Thank goodness that thing doesn't require much work anymore, as it's eating my time. You know how it is: Once you start you can't stop!
My huffman code uses one single table where the c code uses several. It is good for me as I'm really out of registers in this part.

Note : the code I posted here is (already) obsolete. I used the fact that A2 always points A1+$200 to use A1 instead (I've added $100 to the values which indicate we should peek in the second part of the table). Not sure if it's clear, but that means you can replace lea (a2,d5.w*2),a3 / move.w (a3,d1.w*2),d5 by lea (a1,d5.w*2),a2 / move.w (a2,d1.w*2),d5.

And, yes, once started I can't stop too. I started that rewrite to see how far I could get ; it's not the first time I try it but with my actual code and knowledge I think I can do it all.

Quote:
That's great, you're making good progress. I suppose I can download that version from your site?
You really want to download that thing which does nothing but display an error message saying the next thing to do is not implemented yet ?
And which will be already outdated by the time you get it ?

Quote:
But you don't need an entire os just to handle some hardware. The emulator should be able to handle the drivers. They'd have to be adapted for the emu, but that should still be possible.
And you will have to write several hundreds of drivers for your emulator.

Quote:
Good luck.
Sure I will need it. But it also means you'll see me less often here.

Quote:
You could just try to replace the fan. It's something I might do instead of buying a new unit. With a little luck, it doesn't need soldering.
I could try. But it's the only power supply I have so I prefer not to risk it.

Quote:
Funny, I think it sounds kind of cool. It's really the writing system that fascinates me, hence the dictionary program.
What is your dictionary program exactly doing ?

Quote:
Cockroach nest Three hundred bucks is too much money for any program to me, I suppose one tenth of that price would be a bit better
What has always amazed me is that it's the very first software company in the world who produces such (high-priced) bullshit.

Quote:
Cut'n paste. I do that all the time. Must admit, though that oop saves you a lot of it sometimes.
You even cut'n paste code that wasn't yours at first place ?

Page generated in 0.07606 seconds with 11 queries