View Single Post
Old 21 December 2016, 15:28   #107
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I thought about this. But Karateka has 3 punches, 3 kicks and a few other commands.
In addition the input system is everything but friendly.
Meynaf! Thank you so much for doing this port. I have been playing it on my A1200. Karateka is one of my all-time favorites. I grew up playing it on my Apple IIe. It was also the game that gave me my first on-line experience. ***spoiler alert*** At the end of the game I couldn't figure out why the princess was killing me. I went on to Compuserve with my 2400 baud modem and asked the question. Some producer from Hollywood answered it! That is when I learned about the power of communication and being connected to the world with the computer. Ironically Jordan Mechner lived less than 5 minutes from my house and programmed Karateka there. You never know who your neighbors are! I found this out by reading his book "The Making of Karateka" which is excellent and every video game fan will find interesting. He also wrote the Making of Prince of Persia which I have yet to read. Cheers to you for bringing this game to the Amiga

Page generated in 0.15426 seconds with 11 queries