View Single Post
Old 07 October 2018, 12:18   #12
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanEBC View Post
So multiple things here, why is FFS still listed? Is this normal and since all three partitions are listed under the "change" tab as being on PFS/03, is it safe to delete?
Hdtoolbox (at least later versions) automatically add FFS to RDB. It can be deleted if you want but it makes no difference if you don't have any FFS partitions. Leave it to be safe, it will be for example used (if it is newer than ROM built-in version) if you use some image mounter program to mount FFS formatted partitions or disk images.

Quote:
Second entry that almost seems correct except its pointing to some odd device called emergency disk, i did select it and clicked Update and it asks for the emergency-disk to be inserted. I know i can select L and select the new pfs3aio file but this doesn't feel right as how can the current pfs3 be in use when its looking for it in a location that doesn't exist (and i even pointed out earlier that my handler file resides in devs: not l: for whatever reason.
It also does not matter, it is only path where pfs3 was originally installed.

Quote:
can i kill the FFS one and safely update the PFS by selected the new 19.2 version without destroying everything?
Yes. But I'd still would recommend to take 1:1 image of the card if you have PC with large harddrive(s). There is never reason not to take backups.

Page generated in 0.04814 seconds with 11 queries