View Single Post
Old 30 March 2020, 12:22   #128
movec

Hi guys, AGABlaster 0.9.71 is now available:

[https://mschordan.github.io/amiga/agablaster.html

* Added support for arbitrary video size >= 128 (multiples of 16)
* Added automatic video centering (x-axis)
* Added OCS support (Kick 1.3 supported as well)
* Added overscan support.
* Added NTSC support (detection and automatic y-centering using overscan)

This version can also play the zool_intro.xl video now. If it plays a video with a width that is not a multiple of 64 it switches into a different (=slower) fetch mode to avoid re-aligning the video data. Copper effects sometimes cannot be performed (depending on the width) for the same reason, however, it has internal lookup-tables, and avoids switching then.

It also centers the video in x and y. In x in "snapps" to multiples of 16 and 32 that's why it's not always exactly in the middle (sometimes it's more and I need to refine my formula for the screen registers for those cases.

In y direction it centers based on the overscan size. For NTSC it uses the full overscan height, hence PAL videos should display correctly centered on NTSC systems as well (it also adjusts the frequency, so the speed should be correct as well).

For overscan in x direction a size of 384 supported. This indeed fills the full width on a flat screen, however, it also is a lot slower (it is 20% more data of a 320 width ...). It might actually be a little bit too wide, the whole mode is kind of a hack, but I wanted to know whether the original hardware allows to fill the full width on my flat screen

Statistics output with the STATS option is now a single line (same data, but more compact). The first one is FPS. SF is the number of skipped frames. AD and VD should always be 0 or very small (these are the number of delays for audio and video and should not happen, increasing FB and CFD on the command line can fix this).

This version also supports OCS (there is also a version available for Kick1.3). I will upload some HAM6 video for testing soon. An update of agaconv (with HAM6 support) is in development.

Page generated in 0.18365 seconds with 11 queries