View Single Post
Old 21 July 2007, 20:17   #40
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Problem with that is there is limited reserve space in the structure of the slave for Bert to simply add stuff everytime someone suggests it. At the moment, all slave structures are the same, if Bert adds too much, there will come a time when he has to expand the structure size and all of a sudden 4000 installs won't work with WHDLoad but a couple of slaves will.
Well, that sounds to me as there won't ever be any additions at all. I mean, 4 (or 2) bytes are really not that much for something that I for myself consider useful. I see what you mean but even if the slave structure has to be enlarged, that does NOT mean that all existing slaves won't work anymore! The headersize can be checked within WHDLOAD, old header detected -> new features disabled/not used. Not much of a problem imho. But as said, I can live w/o that feature as it somehow looks like there is this "oh new feature? nah, better don't touch anything that runs!" mentality here. Years ago we had cars without airbags and they worked well but then someone invented airbags and even though you (hopefully) won't ever use/see them in action there are certain situations where they can be very helpful!

Page generated in 0.07259 seconds with 11 queries