View Single Post
Old 17 June 2010, 12:24   #329
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
I'd be careful with making too many things random, especially this sort of thing, unless you have a statistically perfect random number generator (this can be really easy to do, though).
I don't know if my rnd generator is perfect or not, but you can have a look at it, as it's in my usual include files.

Quote:
From what I've seen so far, it's not very difficult to do a fully featured one, let alone one with only the most essential features. If you would use it on more than one occasion, perhaps you should.
For now i miss the occasions to use it.

Quote:
Don't resize graphics like this, they'll look terrible. Try to add a vew pixels here and there, it should look much better.
If it's not 16x16 i use PPaint to resize to 16x16 and that's all. If after that the gfx looks terrible then i alter it or i simply don't take it.

Quote:
Tactical as in having elements from war games. Smart units behave in a different way than stupid units in the same way they perhaps would in reality.
In reality all units are somewhat stupid, or they wouldn't be military units

Quote:
Only a fool would rush in to attack a group of units. It's better to get backup if available.
Get backup ? Monsters can't escape a group of adventurers, so better have it.

Quote:
It's also smart to get rid of low HP units before high HP units, especially when those units have strong attacks.
You're not supposed to know HP of units, especially if these are adventurers (as should be in my game).

Quote:
Or taking out a summoner who keeps summoning units, instead of trying to take out those summons each time another one appears.
You take out what you can take ! When a wizard summons something, he's in the rear ranks, not in the front (or the player is stupid), so adding anything in ai code for that isn't useful.

Quote:
Or not chasing after a unit into a trap.
Just always chase.

Quote:
Or just things like retreating on time to have a healer fix up the unit.
A healer ? For monsters ? Get serious

Quote:
See, easy, no?
No

Page generated in 0.15739 seconds with 11 queries