View Single Post
Old 12 June 2010, 15:14   #327
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Cool, what is it?
Just be random between equal cases, and change this random order each turn.
I don't know if it's the best idea, but it's one that's easy to do and seems fair enough.

Quote:
Are you still going to do it? On the other hand, doesn't the OS have such a routine?
Frankly i don't know if i will ever do it.
The OS routines can be used only for OS objects, not 100% custom ones like mine. Or so i think .

Quote:
Nope, it ain't completely flat, but many tiles are. However, some tiles may not be exactly 16x16 (ripping flaws, everything is supposed to be 16x16), so watch out.
If i cut something from here, i'll clearly see if it's 16x16 or not. And if not, i may still resize or cut. Don't worry.

Quote:
Ah, so the combat won't be tactical, then? However, unless you're going to make all enemy units in the game stupid, you'll still need some smartness on the software part to handle intelligent units properly. Human soldiers are already smarter than mindless monsters, and casters are the smartest, so it would be cool if this is reflected by those units' actions.
I don't understand what you mean by tactical, and how "smart" units could behave differently than stupid ones. Perhaps i'll make some sort of a fighting engine mock-up, just to see.

Page generated in 0.04480 seconds with 11 queries