View Single Post
Old 09 February 2012, 10:05   #56
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Maybe, maybe not. What are the features in HOMM3 that HOMM2 is lacking ?
Oh man ! You should go play homm3 for a longer while, you would fast forget homm2.

Before i discovered homm3 , homm2 was my favorit game, and i played it really much. Homm3 is just some sort of super homm2 for me.

- There are of course the 9 factions, instead of 6 for homm2.
- Combat is more strategic, you can make your creatures wait on their turn, to strike at the end of the combat (fastest units will strike last), and the combat fields are a little larger.
- The heroes are more charistmatic, with great unique and usefull skills for each, and there are more of them too.
- Lot of ameliorations on building up your town.
- Graphics are better (for me at least)
- Sound too (listen to barbarian music ! or fortress ! just wonderfull !)
- More artefacts and more of a lot of other things. It's just more of everything !
- Last but not least ! The random map generator !! This is a wonderfull thing that makes me still play homm3 daily !!

Well, i don't remember homm2 enough anymore to add more things atm, because i stopped to play homm2 when homm3 came out, and that was many years agoo now.

I play homm 3.5 too, like Tom256 pointed out. It's homm3 with even more ameliorations, but even the single homm 3.0 is miles ahead of homm2 for me

Edit: There are still new projects for homm3 also ! Some Russian team is doing some (already playeable) expansion called Heart of the Abyss: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=26298 It's all in Russian atm, but they plan to have the english version soon !

Last edited by Lord Riton; 09 February 2012 at 10:31.

Page generated in 0.04197 seconds with 11 queries