View Single Post
Old 08 September 2010, 20:13   #53
chrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
god damn BBS's I tell ya...

when I first brought my Amiga in 1986 I brought everything... then I was introduced to a modem... then the rest is history... at one point I was spending so much on overseas calls I had no money per month for anything else...

in some ways I really hate the BBS scene... if I'd stuck to my guns and just kept on buying original software I'd have a very nice HUGE collection by now...

in short I wasted thousands of dollars and I mean thousands of dollars on software/downloads I don't have a fraction of today...

I might have one hell of a collection of hardware and software today but it could have been so much better...

so yeah, bloody overseas bbs and my lack of discipline...

sucked into that world of collect collect collect... ya never got to use much of the software anyway... of course the other people in my circle benefited until I woke up and asked them to share in download costs...

not one of them wanted anything after that... shortly after that I ended all our cpu friendships...

anyway, nope, I don't recall calling this board :P

thanks Paul aka Hybrid for allowing me to vent... :

now days I only download ... at least I have ALL of that... beautiful hardcore is timeless... heh
I was phone phreaking and using the old AT&T trick to phone LSD'd boards in the states. I had no choice after my wife presented me with a £900 phone bill that I had to sell my car to pay off lol.

Page generated in 0.11166 seconds with 11 queries