View Single Post
Old 10 August 2009, 10:48   #17
Ricardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Ok, Richard, could it be possible for you to upload MK II full program source ?

If it's possible, and if you agree of course So that we can have a looksyy
I don't mind people seeing my source code but MK etc have chunks of code from the Megadrive, the coin-op itself and Rob Nothern (disc code) plus Nick P. compression etc so I cant really make all of it available for public scrutiny unfortunately. Plus the rights to the code are really with the publisher.

Its a shame I cant share it, because I found the multi threading process system from the coin-op logic very interesting at the time. I would imagine it was pretty standard stuff from operating system development that the programmer learnt at Uni but as I started writing games at 14 I just made everything up as I went along. It was only about 8 years ago that I worked out that Object Oriented Programming is the name of what I thought I invented when I was 18

Ramrod was VERY pretty, imagine Robocop meets marble madness - it was more of a graphic feast by Kev and a 16-bit coding learning tool for me...but it lacked in game play and really needed 2MB of RAM and a CD-ROM to do it justice. Once the hardware was there to do it justice (Playstation) everything was true 3D and a gorgeous isometric shoot'em up was old hat. Hence it was never released. I wrote Gauntlet II in my spare time whilst coding Ramrod, plus had a gap in development whilst I helped the guy writing C64 MASK complete that (he was having a bit of a nervous breakdown at the time as I recall). Ramrod never really evolved past the concept stage even though it existed as a playable 4 level game, each level having 4 sub games based on old coinops.

Page generated in 0.04182 seconds with 11 queries