View Single Post
Old 29 September 2009, 20:55   #834
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loedown View Post
Well, point 1, it would be neat, to be speedy, yes it would be, but I bet it would be even neater if there was actually something more than vapourware. Did you know I have the design for a 1Tb drive mounted on a 2 X 2 mm chip, I just haven't built it yet? Sounds exciting, but counts for exactly jack shit until built.
I see. So you would not mind telling the folks here it does work and it is real if I would send you the hardware + the code to try it out? Wait a minute... Hm. That was smart. You nearly tricked me. I think we can all live with the fact that you call it vaporware.

Yes, that was sarcastic. And too bad you are not able to build such a thing. I would just love to buy it from you. I mean, it would not cost the earth and I'd have more time doing other things instead of soldering circuits on Ukranian boards that should have been already in there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
A simple adf dumping board that connects an amiga floppy drive to a pc or allows a pc drive to read amiga discs (either would do), would be a godsend for tons of people. Even if it was slow, and read one sector, dumped it, read another etc., had no buffering to speak of, i wouldn't care. Just so long as we could dump discs... All these years later, how come no-one has designed one simple device. I really am amazed with some of the amiga enthusiast techy talent floating around...
Sorry this is again a sarcastic answer. Why hasn't any big company decided to give out their trade secrets for free? Why aren't cars for free? I guess it is because we're not living in Star Trek (which I'd really enjoy for it's social principles). I do not see why anyone here should speed up free work for the community in his spare time while others make a living on selling retro stuff. Why don't you go ahead and buy a Catweasel? Oh, I see. It is expensive, has a closed source firmware, can not read copy protected disks nor can it write them... I mean, the product is around for what... 13 years now?! And they ARE getting paid for it. At least it can read standard Amiga disks. Already - after 13 years of existence. Can someone please go ahead an harass them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
No, it just takes time - a lot, especially if it's not your day job.
Hmmm... Why isn't this our day job?

Page generated in 0.04433 seconds with 11 queries