View Single Post
Old 21 September 2018, 14:31   #13
Glen M

It will be nothing more than a fad and is a cash grab by sony. The NES mini, remember that, was hard to get hold of and selling for twice its value on eBay. I can get one today for half its launch price. These things are aimed at the past gamer to relive their youth and the vast majority of those people have moved on and will in a year or so move on from this impulse purchase mini console. Wait a year or so and you'll get one of these for £20.

If you want to play a PS1 game the easiest option is to buy the original console, or the PS2 or the PS3 which can all play PS1 games, I don't know about the PS4. I haven't use the playstation store in years but I assume the vast majority of popular PS1 games can be bought on there anyway? A PS2 can be got for £5, hell I found one in a skip last week. PS1 game originals can be expensive but the vast majority of the common titles that most people will want to relive anyway are still cheap. For the rare games, I'll bet they won't be on this device anyway so the only option to play them will be the expensive original or the pirated copy.

It will be cool to see how the communityt hacks this box and what else they get to run on it but I'll be watching that from the sidelines.

For me retro gaming is all about the original hardware and I'll stick with that.

Page generated in 0.08436 seconds with 11 queries