View Single Post
Old 22 November 2010, 03:32   #24
Ze Emulatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
The furthest I have gotten during this competition is also the first level of the fire temple. The furthest I have gotten ever is the third (last) level of the temple. Killed by the second boss-type guy.
I had never made it passed the last underwater level before this competition started.

Quote:
I would recommend taking the one in the lower left-of the level, and from there take the exit warp at the upper-right (there are two exit-warps in that section too), which takes you back to the point where you entered, except all the bonuses and baddies have returned.
That is the way I go I didn't know about the exit at the upper left in the secret level until about my fourth time, I accidentally jumped into it and it took me to the next level.

Quote:
Personally I find the underwater levels particularly tedious, an ordeal that has to be endured in order to get to the rest of the game. So I didn't go to the effort of clearing out that level before taking the warp.
I always jump up into a stupid fish, stupid squid or fall down on a stupid crab and lose like 5-8 lives on that world

Quote:
The thing that I find makes the biggest difference to the score is collecting extra lives, or rescuing puppies when one has a full compliment of lives (nine). These are worth an extra 10,000 points each.
I thought something like that happened. One time I had completed the same percentage of levels but was 100,000 below the score I had had previously as I sucked in the castle levels, I lost like 3 lives in a row by jumping into arrows. I will have to go slower in all the levels

Page generated in 0.05675 seconds with 11 queries