View Single Post
Old 25 August 2008, 18:21   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Anything you can do with the form factor? Is it not possible to have it clip directly to the floppy disk drive or directly to the floppy disk connector on the motherboard so that you only need one cable? Similar to the ACard adapter for IDE->SCSI? If you could make it double sided in this style of pass through PCB (similar form factor to the back of the floppy disk drive) that would be great!

Most desktop Amiga's only have one floppy disk drive power connector. If they plug it into this board what will they plug into their floppy drive? Perhaps you could have a built in power cable splitter? Easiest way would be to soldering some short wires (with hot glue to fix them) directly to the PCB and have a floppy disk power at the other end? (I think this is thought 2?)

A silk screen on the PCB with pin 1 on all connectors.

How does it work? It doesn't look that complicated. A single Quad input NAND buffer!?

Does it work with original disks with copy protection? I am sure that someone on this board knows which games were the worst behaved. (i.e. the best to test with)

Last edited by alexh; 25 August 2008 at 19:25.

Page generated in 0.07579 seconds with 11 queries