View Single Post
Old 12 May 2020, 03:32   #36
rvctech

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Well..after working normally for a while I now just see a black screen. It stopped working just like that, from one day to the next, no other changes to the hardware it was running on (recapped A600, A500 PSU..)

Seems to be working to some extent though - if I flash the core, Quartus Programmer goes through the whole procedure, so I guess there's power and the FPGA is not dead and I guess its seated properly if the flashing completes without errors?
Also the`LEDs on the board seem to show its working, and it had the extra caps added supposedly making it more reliable with newer cores.
Although you are able to communicate with the FPGA via JTAG, the part could still have for example cracked solder joints. There may also be other issues with the board. Perhaps the installation of the "extra caps" was done poorly or they are of poor quality or incorrectly rated. There are quite a few possibilities and failure scenarios.

Since this hardware is still supported (in production even) it is probably best to seek a warranty repair/replacement from the original suppliers rather than to attempt a repair. If a repair attempt were to fail, you would then be in no position to seek a warranty repair/replacement.

In some jurisdictions the onus of the original supplier to repair/replace a faulty product within a "reasonable" post-purchase time frame is covered by consumer law, especially if the product has been unreliable since you bought it.

Page generated in 0.05543 seconds with 11 queries