View Single Post
Old 18 August 2010, 19:35   #8
jotd
This cat is no more

In the summer of 1992 a friend of mine lent me his i386 while he was at the army, and I cracked a ton of games using Turbo Debug. Some games were awfully simple to crack. Put a "nop" there and voilĂ . The main problem with this tool is that you needed all the memory for some games, and sometimes you could not load the game + Turbo Debug => forget it. Never got hold/tried SoftIce.

Oh I cracked Flashback too, both on PC and Amiga

'Round 1993/1994 I cracked Chaos Engine (with the help of a better hacker than me !) & I did other titles on the Amiga with AR MKIII (Assassin, Alien Breed SE, Zool, Operation Stealth, Microprose F1GP etc...) most of cracks were recycled for my JST/WHDLoad slaves BTW).

Oh and I did a few fake cracks: thought that I defeated the protection, but nooooo. Not enough testing...

I never spreaded my cracks except to a few friends. I suppose that the games were cracked by sceners before me (partly because they were better, and partly because they got the games very fast), but at the time we only got the games by disk-swapping, no internet

And I was never in the scene so that counts, right ?

Page generated in 0.05341 seconds with 11 queries