View Single Post
Old 29 May 2016, 22:31   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Back in the day I hated the Hulkster, that drug-taking over-hyped terrible actor.
Haha! All the WWF wrestlers in the 1980s/90s were terrible actors (although some were amusingly cheesy entertainers!), and a few even got to show how bad they could act in movies too. Who could ever forget Hulk Hogan in Suburban Commando! Worse still, they turned that turkey of a movie into an Amiga game!!!

http://hol.abime.net/2167

Quote:
Pretty much every "fight" was the same, where he'd come out blazing, during the middle of the fight look like he was about to lose, often the opponent would get him in a submission hold where his hand wouldn't quite drop on the 3rd count by the ref, then do his lame "impervious to everything" end and drop the leg to win the match.

I always wanted his opponents to win (particularly Macho Man or the Ultimate Warrior) but he seemed to be the one getting pushed in the WWF.
Yep, I only went for Hulk Hogan when he was up against the likes of King Kong Bundy, Andre the Giant and Ted DiBiase.

There were plenty of wrestlers who had more entertaining moves back in the day.....like “Mr Wonderful” Paul Orndorff (piledriver), Jake ”The Snake” Roberts (DDT), The Ultimate Warrior (gorilla press drop), Randy Savage (top rope flying elbow), “Rowdy” Roddy Piper (sleeper hold), Bret “The Hitman” Hart (sharpshooter), “The Magnificent” Don Muraco (reverse piledriver) and ”Cowboy” Bob Orton (top rope suplex - bettered by son Randy Orton's RKO). The list could just go on and on!

Anyway, MicroLeague Wrestling brought back some good memories of the heydey of WWF wrestling when I was still in high school I remember one of the guys at school - being an utter nutter WWF fanatic - getting suspended coz he suplexed another guy on the lunchtime lawn area and broke his collarbone. Not a terribly bright thing to do in the line of sight of the vice-principal's office!

Page generated in 0.04922 seconds with 11 queries