View Single Post
Old 13 August 2010, 09:33   #33
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
more info tomorrow morning.
Ok, so here's what I found out. There seem to be at least 3 different versions of the game. One is the well-known broken version (SPS 31) which lacks the data for the last two levels. It needs memory at $c00000 (i.e. won't run on 512k machines) and has music but lacks several sound effects.

Then I got version from IFW, this is a plain 512k version without any sound fx/music. It also lacks the animation when you start the game and the end of level map. It is a complete version i.e. last 2 levels can be played.

Dlfrsilver's version is the best, it has 2 different executables, one for 1MB machines, one for 512k. There is no music in the 512k version but it contains sound effects. The 1MB version has music+sound fx. Extended memory can be Chip or Fast, game doesn't use a fixed memory location anymore. Level data is complete as well.

I also got another version from Mr.Vince which has a broken track 1 but other than that it is the same as SPS 31.

Might be good to have an own thread for the Ghosts'n Goblins discussion since I think it is completely off-topic here.

Page generated in 0.08292 seconds with 11 queries