View Single Post
Old 11 October 2018, 15:49   #89
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by project23 View Post
Thanks for the link, i'll give it a read over. I take it this is separate to the conditions of the actual CE certification, which from what you've said previously I believe in the case of Amiga cards only really includes EMI testing?
Well, this is another directive like the EMC directive that must be complied with, but from the parts I posted there it would appear that Amiga cards are indeed exempt, leaving them under the scope of just the EMC directive (and, of course, what ever local laws apply where they're being sold).

Quote:
So with the properly prescribed declarations (whatever that costs) or EMI testing, it seems that accelerator cards for the Amiga can certainly be CE stamped today even if they contain 'spare parts' that are non RoHS compliant.
That's what it looks like, yes. But the declaration and EMI testing aren't mutually exclusive. The declaration must always be made to apply a CE mark, how you arrive at a position in which you can make that declaration is up to you.

Quote:
So it really would just be a case of someone drafting the appropriate declaration that testing isn't necessary I guess?
That's not really how the declaration works. The actual declaration will only list which directives apply and the standards that are met to show compliance with the directive. If directives aren't applicable, you don't list them.

What you should have is proper documentation of how you arrived at the position of being able to make the declaration. That will include an assessment of all relevant directives, and a rationale explaining any exemptions applied. That will also include results of any testing carried out, and details of any calculations and simulations carried out in lieu of testing. These documents need to be held for a minimum length of time after the product is sold (IIRC this is 10 years for consumer electronics, it's indefinite for medical devices).

Page generated in 0.04628 seconds with 11 queries