View Single Post
Old 08 September 2002, 23:19   #27
fiath

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim

This is the main version, and has been prooved workable by my crappy laughed-at example, and Akira's beta working version.
I don't know about the "main" version. But okay

Quote:

I can handle this if required. Something simple in Blitz or AMOS. This would have to be a low-res 320*200 job to be compatible with all Amigas.
Yeah, I thought that one might be a problem... Would it be too hard to scale the images "on the fly"

Quote:

Javascript cannot rotate images. Therefore you will need many
Okay, I guess the JavaScript version I saw must have used many images - and I just didn't notice... I really wish I could have seen it's use earlier - but it turns out we have done better here now anyway

Quote:

Whilst I think this would be ideal I honestly do not think it is worth it as how many code-wheels are there? and they are all different. And besides, it would be relatively easy for the programmer/designer of each platform to make a new wheel based on the last. I suggest the source for these wheels on each platform is released just in case the programmer dies or gets bored. It's hardly source code worth ripping off as it's simple. This will hopefully also encourage more people to help out.
The reason I wanted it this was is that I would have liked to distributed datafiles only with CAPS releases - and allow people to download "viewers". But your right, there can't be that many codewheels. I have 5/6 in my 800-odd game collection...

Yes, I would have also liked the source to be public, but that is obviously up to the author.

Quote:

I suggest 2 different things here - you have the original 300dpi's for your site and for people to download to print or whatever. The virtual software based codewheels use the smallest readable size. Or even slightly customised versions (i.e. fonts retouched)
If this *has* to be the case - I guess it doesn't matter about the files being external...

Quote:

On another note Akira, whilst I appreciate your work and the fact that you want to advertise yourself on the wheel, maybe you shouldn't be associating your legit honest web-design company with what is still classed in the eyes of some as piracy ? People on here will know who did it, and you'll still get the credit you deserve.
All you guys will also get credit on the CAPS site obviously.

Page generated in 0.17251 seconds with 12 queries