View Single Post
Old 10 August 2017, 08:13   #94
guest.r

Quote:
WinUAE doesn't hand over a bitmap to post-process freely? (Along the lines of, asking like a child gives results).

If a shader causes jitter, how is it a visual improvement? (Again with the offensively stupid questions ) It didn't get past the disk hand, and I didn't use a mask.
Not too freely. You see you have to use the same algorithm which makes sense here to handle different circumstances.

Shaders can't officially cause jitter without a timer/frame counter uniform variable. Forcing progressive solutions to an interlaced platform with fixed refresh rates and trying to enhance the whole process requires to take exclusive decisions. So people notice a flickering last line, 1 pixel shifted masks, missing lines/columns after scaling etc. NPOT buffers could also contribute their share...

Quote:
I'm not a heavy WinUAE user, I think it's just a difference between game eyecandy and something usable for text, creative use, etc. Different expectations. Game screenshots here are certainly not as intended/drawn. Which is kind of the point; everything looks better.
You should embrace the common thought that (crt) shaders are for low resolution games only, at least with 1080p. For text and creative use for example it's best to install this OS 4.1 thingie, get your net working, download nicer fonts etc.

I read about per-game configurations folks use and that's the spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I like the clean look like a BVM monitor. It works for me if i set 3x instead of 2x (the scanlines look uneven). Maybe because resolution on my laptop is 1366x768 not 1080p
Yea WinUAE can resize the image after filters are applied (cool for scaling shaders) and scanlines are a bit sensitive to that. The 768 vertical resolution also doesn't look as good as 1080p for example.

I'll include a reference sample of crt-scanline @1080p.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crt-scanline-1080p.png
Views:	383
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	54118  

Last edited by guest.r; 10 August 2017 at 11:40. Reason: screenie

Page generated in 0.04276 seconds with 12 queries