View Single Post
Old 30 June 2017, 16:31   #86
Amiga1992

And I think the banned dude's post had that goal, Robbie. I certainly did not mean to attack anyone by replying to it, if I need to clarify.

When there are a bunch of people fighting over something and things are escalating quickly into personal attacks and shit like that, some of us try to de-escalate by trying to relax and make a joke. Have none of you ever done that in real life to try to get two people to stop a nasty argument or worse?
Also this has been usually a good way to cool things of f at EAB and keeping the moderator team free of having to do nasty shit like what is happening now. The board has a history of being very well self-policed by its own users.

I've been on EAB for 16 years, this board has always had sensible people in it that know when to stop the ball for a second and make a joke so things don't turn into an unpleasant shitstorm. We jest with each other and can appreciate sarcastic humor.

Most of the people involved in creating all this Apollo unpleasantness in the boards are users who have been here for a relatively (or extremely) short time and clearly do not share this kind of vibe we all had and why many come to EAB instead of other more "serious" boards. Losing that would be tragic.

Page generated in 0.07788 seconds with 11 queries